Most of the tabbouleh was eaten, but I grabbed a snapshot of what was left. This recipe is very versatile, so add more of the stuff you like and leave out what you don't. Except parsley. It wouldn't be a very good tabbouleh without at least some parsley.
Barley Tabbouleh
2/3 cup barley
2 to 3 cups parsley, finely chopped
8 green onions, finely minced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 English cucumber, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Dressing
4 to 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper
clove minced garlic
Bring 2 cups of water to boil, add barley and cook at low heat for about 40 minutes or until tender and all the water is absorbed. Let cool. Add vegetables. Whisk together dressing ingredients and add to barley mixture.

2 comments:
Hmmmm....looks like you've created a Ukrainian Tablooey :) by adding the bulgur! A yummy pic!
My mouth waters at the picture..it was awesome [I think I had seconds!]
Post a Comment