Welcome to the Quietfire Design's 2017 Queen of Hearts Blog Hop!
This week we're celebrating the release of the newest dies, stencils and stamps from Quietfire Design and here's my contribution, a scrapbook layout which uses two of the new Way with Words dies and the butterfly spray stencil.
I have some amazing friends and when we travel together we have so much fun, so using the new word dies 'Fun' and 'Together' worked perfectly as a page title. Elegant and quick.

The new stencils are so fun. I used glitter paste and the butterfly spray stencil to create a glittery background effect on the left hand side of my picture. Just smear some glitter paste through the stencil onto the patterned paper, let dry (the glitter paste dries in a couple of minutes), and repeat to add more butterflies.
Add the stamped friendship quote from Quietfire Design to add the perfect embellishment and the layout is close to done. The coloured doilies are paper doilies from the dollar store that I altered with a bit of watercolour paint. I painted the flower to match. You can do a lot with some inexpensive watercolours.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Here is our Blog Hop Schedule with the dates each designer will be posting (click on each person's name to go to their blog), see some awesome inspiring projects and enter to win prizes!
Sun Feb 12 - Suzanne
Mon Feb 13 - Wanda and Connie
Tues Feb 14 - Robyn and Teresa
Wed Feb 15 - Kathy Jo and Diana
Thurs Feb 16 Yvonne and Yogi
Fri Feb 17 Selma
What would a celebration be without a giveaway!? Suzanne is giving away stamps, dies or stencils to random winners on each blog.
Make sure you leave a comment below before midnight Sunday February 19, 2017. A winner will be randomly chosen from my list of comments and the winner's name will be posted on Quietfire Creations shortly afterwards. Visit and leave comments on all the designers Queen of Hearts blog posts! You can go back if you've missed any of them.
Good Luck!
Supplies: Bo Bunny Believe patterned paper, stickers and glitter paste, Quietfire Design Friendship stamp, Elizabeth Craft Designs stitched rectangle die, Quietfire Design/Elizabeth Craft Design Way with Stencils and Way with Words dies, Close to my Heart watercolours and ink, pom pom trim and paper doilies.
Supplies: Bo Bunny Believe patterned paper, stickers and glitter paste, Quietfire Design Friendship stamp, Elizabeth Craft Designs stitched rectangle die, Quietfire Design/Elizabeth Craft Design Way with Stencils and Way with Words dies, Close to my Heart watercolours and ink, pom pom trim and paper doilies.





65 comments:
this is such a cool page. love the combo of die cuts and the softness of the butterflies.
Love your butterfly sprays, love the idea of colouring the doilies, love that sentiment! Guess I love your whole layout ;)
Beautiful page with a pretty sentiment! I love the colors and the stenciled butterflies! Lovely word dies too!
What a great way to remember your trip with your friends! I love the butterfly stencil accent and how you used the phrases from new Quietfire dies. Thanks for sharing!
All the elements combined make this page very unique. Love the stencil and of course, the die cuts!
Your scrapbook page is so stunning! I love the the colors, butterflies and the doilies you painted!
Lovely page Connie, you have framed that photo perfectly. It is fun in a way that a photo alone could never be.
What a wonderful scrapbook page. Thanks for some of you techniques. Carmen
Great layout. Love the stencil idea.
Such a sweet and fun LO. The butterflies look wonderful. I need to try your technique!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Love your layout! The butterflies are awesome!
Love the use of the stencils and the 2 word die cuts. A card anyone would love to receive!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful layout -- love the use of the butterfly stencil with glitter paste.
Such a fun page. The new stencil is super.
Neat page. Love them textured used on the butterflies. Great idea.
Fabulous friendship layout! The glitter paste butterflies in the background look amazing. Beautiful sentiment stamp too on this fun, fresh page!
Great page layout! I always have such a hard time figuring out different ideas.
Lovely layout! The butterflies are awesome! And like how you painted the doilies - great idea!
Very pretty layout. Love all the butterflies.
What fun!!
I a a big Butterfly fan so love your card.
Great layout. I bet it shimmers in real life!
I really love that butterfly stencil and I imagine that the glitter paste makes them really sparkle. Just gorgeous!
good looking layout and great sentiment
Beautiful page layout! Lots of great design techniques!!
Love this layout...colors are wonderful!!! Nadia W
Simply wonderful! Love this!
Love all the colors.
How fun to travel and share experiences to remember with great friends. The tulip fields are the best! You memory page is fun, not too busy and I love the stencil work for texture and the doilies (custom colors). Good choice of colors and layout. TFS
When I grow up I want to scrapbook like you Connie!!!
I love this layout! Your smiles say it all!
Love the layout, and those butterflys! awesome!
This is an amazing layout and those glittery butterflies are just gorgeous. Thank yu for sharing our technique!
Gorgeous layout! Love the use of the glitter paste!
Fantastic layout.
Love the butterflies flitting through
the page.
thanks for sharing.
What a great layout!
Very nice layout Connie. Love the butterflies!
Beautiful page love the butterfly stencil with the glitter paste and the sentiment is perfect for your page .
Thank you so much for the inspiration! It is amazing what can come of all the tools we have at our fingertips these days. Love your card!
Really nice layout. Love the colors.
Loved the use of the butterfly spray...
What a terrific layout! I love the FUN diecut and that fab sentiment! What a cool idea to watercolor doilies... thanks for the inspiration!!
Lots of inspiration, loved the glitter paste with the stencil!
The way you used the glitter paste through the stencil is so creative. I'm definitely adding that to my "texture" arsenal. And your layout is fabulous!
Love that I can use my glitter paste a new way with the stencil. Such a unique and creative idea. Love you work.
Connie, what a pretty layout. There is so much going on, but with the colored doilies, flower, sentiment and photo, one's eye is drawn to that portion. It looks like you are all good friends! Thanks for sharing.
Lovely LO with a lot of wonderful details!
Thanks for showing how you have used the stencil!
Very, very nice layout! Thanks for sharing!!
Oh W O W ! I love this! THe colors are fabulous and I love the layout of the page!! Absolutey gorgeous! TFS!
Wonderful layout and
love that the stencil
has two designs on it.
Great coloring.
Carla from Utah
Wow!!! Beautiful layout!!!
The colours created a sense of fun and laughter as I looked at your page. The stencils and stamping and die cuts just pulled it all together. Great layout
What a beautiful bg for a lovely photo.
Hi Connie a great colourful and eye pleasing layout, you've used the stamps and stencil wonderfully, I do love the stencil, half butterflies and stars brilliant indeed!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Thank You Candy at Shaz in Oz Blog}
I love this scrapbook page using that fabulous quote and those fun die cuts.
Can't wait to try this as a card
Nanarama 4
Love your mixed medium. The verse is awesome.
Fabulous layout! The glitter paste looks great. I haven't seen this product before.
Don't do mixed medium much but really like your layout!
Great layout and sentiments.
Beautiful layout. Love the glitter.
I have stencils I've never used, but that's about to change :-)
Absolutely gorgeous layout , Connie . Love that stencil.
I love this card.. and who makes that glitter paste? it's a gorgeous colour :)
Hi, first time visitor here. I like the layout & can appreciate the time you spent on this page. The result is beautiful. Looking closely at the picture, I can see a yellow flower. Was that part of the actual picture or inserted on the picture later? It's hard to tell but it drew my attention & got me wondering about it. Thx & great blog!
Post a Comment