
I was lucky enough to be sent The Great Canadian Stamp set (available from http://cornishheritagefarms.com/) to showcase for the What's Cool in Canada section of the summer Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine. The stamps generated a lot of inspiration in my brain, and I finally settled on scrapbooking a photograph of a canola field I pass on my way to work. I love the way the layout turned out, the paper is by Carolee's Creations and the colours are perfect!!
I have a love/hate relationship with canola. I adore the way the fields look when they are in full bloom, they make my heart sing with joy with their vibrant colour and beauty. But I hate the smell. Many years back, I had a number of summer jobs which involved walking through canola fields and counting weeds, or measuring growth stage, or determining disease infestations. This was not so bad when the plants were small, but when the crop was bigger and blooming, it was tough going. Besides the hard work of slogging through a solid mass of plants, one would come out of the field covered with moisture, dirt, flower petals and every little caterpillar and other insect that made a home under the crop canopy. Yuck.
1 comment:
i got those stamps too and i love your use of them! Great page with lots o' stamping!
Post a Comment