Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Twenty Years


Ron and I got married on November 5, 1988. Gasp! how did two decades fly by??????
It doesn't seem that long ago, really. I remember the beautiful ceremony in the Show pyramid at the Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton. Chrysanthemums were everywhere - it was gorgeous, and the justice of the peace did the vows on a little wooden bridge in the midst of all the flowers. There were about 60 or so guests, but they all had to stand around on the paths during the ceremony, since there were no chairs.
I remember my wedding dress, which was my mom's, and fit me beautifully. Three quarter length, with a little jacket. Loved that dress! And I felt like such a princess with the headdress on. I'll have to dig out some wedding photos. I have never gotten around to scrapbooking them, there always seems to be too much going on in real time!
I remember the reception at the Norwood Legion, at which there was way too much food! Nobody could eat any of the wedding cake, which was marble cheesecake, because they were too full of perogies and everything else!
I remember dancing and partying all night, sleeping for a few hours, and getting on a plane to start our honeymoon in Fiji. There was so much hairspray and bobby pins in my hair that crossing half the world by plane didn't even make a dent in my fancy hairdo! Gosh, I loved Fiji. What a beautiful place. After a week or so, we went to the Cook Islands for a week, then New Zealand, and finally Australia. It was an amazing trip! We always thought we'd get back to Fiji, but alas, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe for the 25th wedding anniversary. ;-)

6 comments:

MonaS! said...

congratulations Connie! 20 years - good for you! Hope you have a wonderful celebration together.

Jennifer said...

Congrats what a great day! Hope your day was wonderful together.

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! It was great to hear more details about your wedding and honeymoon. Now - pictures please!! I think a return trip in a few years is a marvelous idea - good luck!

Holly A said...

Wow, 20 years - how wonderful! Congratulations! You're almost exactly a decade ahead of us. November is a wonderful time for an anniversary trip though, isn't it? Winter is well on it's way, so you can get away from the cold weather. I think planning something special for that upcoming 25th (or sooner!) is a wonderful idea.

Jayme said...

Congrats Connie! It sure does fly, doesn't it?

Jennifer said...

Connie come on out you have been tagged