Friday, February 6, 2009

First Eyeglasses..........



We all went to the optometrist after Christmas. I knew I needed new glasses. My arms are definitely not long enough any more and it is time for bifocals. Sigh. The surprise was that Ben was becoming nearsighted and needed glasses too! He was so excited!!! I was not really expecting Ben's enjoyment at having bad eyes, but he was all smiles and dimples during the examination and eventually the shopping for frames. (I think he thinks that the glasses will give him extra perceived smartness)! Although he wanted red (!), we settled on these black frames at Costco, and picked them up today. I hope he continues to enjoy them, although I am a little worried about how many days it is until the glasses are misplaced, forgotten or wrecked. Ben is somewhat renowned for forgetfulness and general inattention to details. Hopefully he will grow out of it, but he might just take after his grandpa. ;-)

4 comments:

MonaS! said...

He looks wonderful in his new glasses.

Jennifer said...

he looks so smart and handsome in his new glasses

Holly A said...

Wow, he looks so grown up! His new specs suit him very well and he looks great! I'm glad he likes wearing them. Evan really loves wearing his too.

Just Rhonda said...

aw He looks so GOOD in the glasses! Great top shot too Connie!