Friday, February 20, 2009

Shopping for Eyeglasses

I finally sucked it up and spent a few hours shopping for the progressive bifocals I need to get. Sigh. I dunno, I rank shopping for glasses right up there with shopping for bathing suits. I just don't like to do it. Nothing ever seems to be exactly right, and a wrong decision on glass frames can haunt you for a few years. I have to say, I was rather shocked at the cost of getting new glasses. I went to three places, and prices ranged from almost $500 to well over $800. Gack!!! I tell myself that I will have these glasses for years (hopefully) and that the price per day of use will be insignificant, but still. It's a lot of moola for something so small. It will be a few weeks before my new specs come in, and I'll try to post a picture once I get them.

No comments: