I'm not as emotional as I was during the first few days, but I still see Maggie out of the corner of my eye sitting on her favorite scratching post, or hear her meowing as I open a can, any can. I guess after 18 years, there are bound to be some ghosts. Rusty, my orange cat and general goofasaurus, looked for her the first day, but seems to have moved on. The kids, who distanced themselves from Maggie as she got old and uninteresting to them, are very pragmatic about the whole thing and want to know if they can replace her with a snake, or perhaps some frogs. Ah, the resilience of small boys.
I haven't had a chance to do any scrapbooking for a while, but hopefully soon. I would like to do kind of a retrospective of Maggie's life and my memories of her before they fade. Meanwhile here's a simple layout with a photo of Rusty. I used Cathie Allen's stamp smoosh technique for the background using a Fancy Pants acrylic stamp, and then stamped the flowers with a Magenta stamp and coloured them in with some glitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment