Sunday, April 5, 2009

March Scraptivity Kit

Well, what can I say? I have subscribed to the Scraptivity monthly kits again. I miss getting my pizza box every month with fun new scrapbooking stuff, and the kits are such great value with the patterned papers and cardstock, stamps, embellishments and techniques. The stamp sets are currently being designed by My Stamp Box and they look fabulous. The March kit was right up my alley with a very masculine/distressed theme and featured patterned papers from a company I was not familiar with, Scrap within Reach. The papers are wonderful to work with - heavy and double sided. April features Heidi Swapp specialty papers and Invisibles and two small bottles of Glimmer Mist, so if you have not tried this amazing product, it is time to get your feet wet! :-)

This is the first layout I have done with the March kit - mommy time seems hard to come by in the last few weeks. Everything is from the kit except the title block - I grabbed a fabric remnant out of my stash and stamped on it with StazOn brown ink. I had some fun with my sewing machine too, stitching around each photo and the fabric. The kit comes with a Heidi Swapp distressing tool, which I had never tried before, but it sure is a cool little gizmo! Love the look it gives to paper edges!

1 comment:

Just Rhonda said...

GREAT page Connie!!!! Love how you've used the stamps!!!