
Is this not the cutest little guy? My first thought was 'chipmunk', but I think if I looked him up, he'd be identified as a Golden Mantled Ground Squirrel. Chipmunks have stripes on their faces, squirrels do not!


And holeee, was there ever a lot of Rocky Mountain sheep in Radium! The first night we went back to the condo after a swim, there were a whole herd sleeping in the grass next to the building. They didn't move when we got out of the car, with door slamming and kids shouting, but when we tried to peek at them from above on our second floor balcony, they got skittish and moved away. I'm guessing that most of their predators must come at them from above. I think we saw some of these sheep grazing next to the road almost every day we were there. Just beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment