Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Canadian Scrapbooker Basics Volume 5
Oh, I just love this magazine. I'm a bit of a technique junkie, I an never having more fun than when I am doing new things! Must be the scientist in me, but I just love to experiment. CSB #5 has easy step by step instructions for all kinds of funky techniques, many of which are really quick and easy. One of my favourite techniques is gilding. I was introduced to this through one of the Scraptivity kits and quickly became addicted. Give it a try, it's very easy, not very expensive and makes you like an artist! lol The metal leafing comes in all sorts of metalish colours - copper, silver, gold, and so on. You just brush some special glue that remains tacky(my favourite is Duo Adhesive by US Artquest but many things would work, including glue lines or anything that doesn't dry completely and lose it's stickiness) and rub on the gilding flakes. Brush off the extra, and that's it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment