I was deeply saddened to read of the death of Kate Mcgarrigle yesterday. I think I have every album the McGarrigle sisters ever released, and was fortunate enough to see them a couple times in concert. There was just something about their songs, the haunting melodies, the amazing harmony that the McGarrigle sisters voices had together. If you like that sort of thing and you've never heard much of the McGarrigles, listen to the album The McGarrigle Hour. It's wonderful. They enjoyed singing so much and were always surrounded by friend and family. Or check out this video on YouTube . It's a small taste of some of her music. Rest in peace, Kate. We'll miss you.
On a somewhat related note, the Montreal based singer Lhasa died this month of breast cancer. She was only 37. How very tragic. I first heard her music at a friend's house in Ottawa many years ago and totally loved it. Her voice was so amazingly beautiful it didn't matter that she usually sings in Spanish. If you get a chance to listen to her music, grab it. Here's a video if you're interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment