Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Altered Flower Pots

A while back, I altered some flower pots and am thinking I will do some more as spring approaches and I start giving plants to people for Easter or birthday gifts.  Or even Mother's Day.  As a gardener, I tend to give plants to people, hoping they will catch the gardening bug themselves!  Anyway, it doesn't take long to alter a flower pot, it's a great way to use up some old scrapbooking supplies and people really appreciate the gesture.


For this one, I bought a wooden pot at Dollarama (and it might even still be only a buck), gave it a coat of white paint and used up some old Marjolein Bastein stickers I bought circa 2004.  I loved those stickers but never got around to using them on a scrapbook layout.  A little rickrack, and you're done.  Rub-ons would work well too. 


This is a clay pot that I painted green and just glued on small mirrors from the dollar store and Doodlebug sequins that I have been storing for a very long time.  And then I just added a bit of fringe from my stash that I found in a thrift store one day.

If you're giving plants as gifts, or even if you want to pretty up the ones in your own house, use up some old supplies and decorate the pots!  It's worth a bit of effort.


1 comment: