Monday, March 28, 2011

My Stamp Box

Have you ever found a set of stamps that you keep very handy because they seem to be useful for everything?  I am just loving this set of acrylic stamps from mystamp Box!  So very versatile for adding the looking of machine stitching and lines of texture to cards and scrapbook layouts without dragging out the sewing machine and notions box.  I'm looking forward to doing some projects in the very near future with the barbed wire and zipper stamps.


I used them to add 'stitching' to the Ben place card in the previous blog post, and had some fun with the cheesecloth stamp on this card. 




Isn't it cool?  I stamped the cheesecloth stamp using TopBoss embossing ink onto a piece of ancient patterned vellum, and embossed with detail white embossing powder.  Looks just like real cheesecloth, with none of the bulk which is important because I'm mailing this particular card to an aunt in Germany.  I find any increase in the weight or thickness of the envelope substantially increases my postage cost.  Anyway, I've been storing that particular piece of vellum for at least 7 or 8 years.  Patterned vellums were really 'hot' when I started scrapbooking, and were almost too beautiful to use.  LOL  The flamingo and flowers are cut with my Cricut Expression - I'm having lots of fun playing around with my new toy. 

If you are a stamper, be sure to check out some of the other great stamp sets at their website here mystamp Box.  They have some wonderful butterfly and pennant stamps, alphabet stamps, word stamps.... and a great design team and idea gallery.  You can buy directly from their online store, and shipping is inexpensive.  The owner, the lovely Bettina von Gross, is based in Toronto and was just featured in the 2011 spring issue of Canadian Scrapbooker magazine.  Here's a couple pictures from the Craft and Hobby Association trade show in Los Angeles earlier this year...


me and Bettina - as you can see by peering over our shoulders, lots of acrylic stamps to choose from, packaged in handy clear cd cases.  I store mystamp Box stamps in a small revolving cd holder I salvaged from Salvation Army.  I reckon that as compact discs fade away, cd holders will become increasingly easy to find in thrift stores


Jackie (Vanna) Ludlage holding one of the stamped projects.  Love those cloud stamps!

No comments: