Here's a couple of the projects that are featured in the article:
This layout was inspired by the cover of this company report shown below. I thought it was a really neat design so I incorporated it into my scrapbook layout. Inspiration is everywhere!
Then I found some cocktail size napkins that had pictures of lobsters and crabs on them. Perfect for a layout about eating my first whole lobster!
I adhered a bunch of these lobster guys to cardstock and cut them out for page embellishments. When playing around with this, I tried a technique I read about on the internet. It involves plastic wrap and ironing to melt the plastic to bond the napkin to cardstock. It works well except it is too complicated for me. And it involves ironing, not one of my favourite activities. Only some plastic wraps will work (I had to to try three brands that I had in the house before one of them would melt appropriately to fuse the napkin to the cardstock) and it is potentially messy and stinky if you accidentally melt some plastic wrap onto your iron.
I put my iron away and grabbed a can of spray adhesive instead. Quick, simple and no fuss. I am using up my can of Scrapper's Spray by Creative Imaginations (which I adore, but they apparently stopped making) but other spray adhesives should work fine. Helmar has a vellum spray out which I have purchased but not yet tried.
Patterned paper here is all by Nikki Sivils - the colours were perfect! I cut it apart and added some baker's twine from The Twinery and stitching. By the way, when cutting out my lobsters, I didn't want to mess around with the interior finicky parts, so I just coloured them in with a black marker. When mounted on black cardstock, you can't tell that I cheated with the scissors. ;-)
This card just makes me happy! Feels so spring like. Just a daisy napkin dressed up with a bit of ribbon and these lovely stick pins from Maya Road. Quick and easy, and with a selection of napkins at your disposal, very versatile too!
No comments:
Post a Comment