Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mark your Calendars!!!

If you haven't already........  the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnivals are coming up very, very soon!!!  I am SO excited!!!!!!!!   Calgary is Sept 23 and 24 (Friday and Saturday) and Edmonton is October 1 and 2 (Saturday and Sunday).

I look forward to seeing old friends and making many, many new ones.  I love scrapbooking events - there is nothing better than spending time with people that have the same love for the hobby!  Come say hi at the CS booth!  And did someone say shopping????????????  Oh my, that is my favourite part!!!  So wonderful to have a variety of vendors in the same space.  A little retail therapy always makes a girl feel good.

I am teaching a frugal class in both Edmonton and Calgary - if you are interested in recycling materials and saving money while scrapbooking or card making, this is the class for you.   We will make a variety of embellishments from recycled books and household string and learn how to make our own glimmer mists as we put together a one of a kind wall hanging.  And I like to chat, so you'll probably pick up a bunch of other thrifty tips as we go along.  :-)   Come join in the fun if this sounds like something that appeals to you!

If you want to register and find out some details, click here.  And here's a picture of the project we will be completing........  bring four photos in a theme.  Whatever you want to showcase.   Doesn't have to be family, I will bring another example of the same project done with travel photos from Nova Scotia.    It's all about thinking out of the box and how to use inexpensive materials to make great looking papercrafts.  You might be surprised at how you can make something beautiful for pennies.

No comments: