During the fall of 2010, I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Nova Scota touring some of the local wineries. Absolutely gorgeous and among other things, it inspired the idea for an article about wine related scrapbook layouts and papercrafts. There are not a lot of wine themed scrapbook products around, but I found a few and they are featured in the fall 2012 edition of Canadian Scrapbooker. The acrylic stamps from Crafty Secrets are amazingly versatile - there is so much one can do with these! Invitations, journals, cards, wine glass charms, wine labels, coasters, and so on..... Or, if you're handy, like my friend
Kim Gowdy, you could sew a wine bag and stamp on the fabric to create a beautiful gift bag.
And then I found this stamp set by Technique Tuesday at an online store, so I had to buy it. :-)
I saw this wooden floral frame at Michaels, so why not turn it into a wine themed wall hanging? I hot glued wine corks around the ring, and then printed out a cute wine saying on a piece of cardstock with my printer. I used the Crafty Secrets and Technique Tuesday stamps, Letraset markers and some purple chalk to decorate the paper up and glued it on the back of the ring. It makes me smile. It did not take very long to make and this, or something similar, would make a cute hostess gift for a wine and cheese party or something similar.
Then I made a zillion coasters using a Spellbinders square die, the WeRMemoryKeepers corner chomper, Canadian Scrapbooker superstock cardstock and the Crafty Secrets stamps. I coloured in the images quickly with the Letraset pens and then sprayed the squares with Goosebumps spray by Tsukineko. It gave the coasters a cool pebbly surface and will protect the paper so that the coasters can be reused many times.
This card was made very quickly with Karen Foster designs patterned paper and stickers. I just sewed around the perimeter and popped up the stickers under a scrap of cheesecloth to dress it up a little bit. Check out Canadian Scrapbooker magazine to see all of the wine related layouts we made with this Karen Foster paper!
2 comments:
Hmmm....are you passionate about the wine...or the paper crafting?? hee hee! Wonderful projects, Connie!
cute!
Post a Comment