Monday, October 15, 2012

October Sketchy Challenge

Although I have never been a big sketch user, I have found that I just tremendously enjoy doing the monthly Sketchy Challenge at Canadian Scrapbooker.  The sketches are lovely and easy for my brain to follow, and so much faster than dreaming up the entire page design from scratch!  If you haven't, go check it out and try it.  Post your version in the gallery so we can all see!


This month's sketch is by Sue Sykes - it was a pleasure to work with. Since I am contrary by nature, I flipped it over in my mind before I started, but basically followed Sue's design.


I had an old photo laying around that I had been meaning to scrapbook. The picture was not the best, but brought back many memories, especially since quite a few people in it are no longer alive.  I am about six years old in it, and I cannot remember this group of people being all together ever again, since it included all my dad's family and my mom's family that were in Canada.


I used primarily Karen Foster Designs to put together this layout - they have some lovely ancestry and family tree themed products such as the 'Honoring the Past' scrapbook kit.  I used a couple sheets of the paper and some stickers, added a bit of Karen Foster ribbon and scrapper's floss, a scrap of cardboard and a length of lace trim I had rescued from a thrift store.  Happy to have the photo out of the shoebox and all the people properly identified, and I will use several sheets of the Karen Foster family tree paper to outline my family history for my kids.

Karen Foster Honoring the Past Scrapbook kit








1 comment:

KellyCreates said...

Contrary to the sketch...this layout is lovely, Connie :) This paper collection is just perfect for this precious photo!