Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some Things that Make me Smile!


I couldn't resist this coffee mug when I was shopping at downtown Disney last week when I was in Anaheim for CHA. Heather S and I decided to hit the Lego store one evening, but on the way there, we wandered through the World of Disney shop, and Mike Wazowski just spoke to me. :-) So I splurged. I sure don't need another coffee cup, but it makes me smile every time I look at it!!! And the Keurig, ah, the Keurig. It makes me happy. I didn't need another coffee maker either. It's not frugal, but darn it all, I love it. I love the cute little K-cups, I love deciding what kind of coffee or tea to have on a moment's notice, and I love sipping a steaming hot cup about 20 seconds later. Fast, hot and fresh. I have always hated old coffee that sat on the burner for more than 5 or 10 minutes, and with the Keurig, I just brew one cup at a time. Always delicious.

Ben and Marty started karate last August and are still going strong. Their first test will be coming up this month and they are very much looking forward to it. I am very proud of them - they work hard in class and are obedient and attentive to the Sensei's, who are marvelous with children. The kids look so darn cute in their uniforms! And they are so focused!!

During the dark days of winter, every girl needs some flowers. These are paperwhites, a bulb which is 'forced' to bloom in winter. I picked up some bulbs on clearance at Superstore a month ago, potted them up and waited. I'm so glad I did. They smell heavenly, and are a fleeting reminder of what those marvelous days of spring and summer will be like.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love flowering bulbs at this time of year - they just make me happy!! Your coffee cup is cute and I'm sure you had a good time at CHA. What were your favourite new products? You must share some :))