
It's hard to say good-bye to an old friend. I know it had to be done, and it was much better for Maggie not to suffer and to go with some dignity, but I'm a bit of an emotional basket case tonight, as I keep bursting into tears every few minutes. I've never had to put a pet to sleep before. The veterinarian, Sam Crosdale at Herber's Veterinary Service, was so kind, as were all the staff, and I am grateful they got me in so quickly. First, Sam gave Maggie a needle to make her sleepy and Maggie slowly drifted off to sleep in my arms. When I was ready, they gave her another needle to stop her heart. And that was that. I only wish that this stupid winter wouldn't keep going on and on. I had hoped to bury Maggie in the back pasture where she had so loved to go for walks, but the ground is frozen solid and under three feet of snow. Sigh. So poor old Maggie is just going to the crematorium in the city. I'll miss you Maggie. I'm glad you're not suffering any more, but I sure will miss you and I'm bawling so hard I can hardly see.
7 comments:
Big Huge Hugs Connie
Jackie
Oh Connie, I am so sorry. I had to do this about 5 years ago and I remember how hard I found it. {{{hugs}}}
I so feel your pain. Different scenario - same good bye..it hurts soooo bad! It OKAY to cry and let it be what it is! Hugz to you, Ron and the boys....
I am sitting here crying for you...It is so hard and you know me I been the the same boat too many times in the last while...it is a very hard thing to do, so let yourself cry and remember...I have a big hug for you tomorrow when I see you..
Hugs from me too Connie.
LeeAnna
I'm very sorry to hear that Maggie has passed... I know how much your pets mean to you. ((HUGS))
^^^that comment was mine...it didn't take my sign on ^^^
Ki
Post a Comment