
I had a lot of fun with the article I wrote for the fall 2009 Canadian Scrapbooker magazine. As a former cross-stitcher and consistent junk collector, I have drawers full of all sorts of threads, fibers and other stringy odds and ends. (I would love to have the time to cross stitch again - I found it a very soothing hobby. Maybe some day).

This is a card I did for the article using the idea of string art (remember this from many decades ago, where you would pound nails into a board and wind string around them?) but we ran out of room in the magazine, so it wasn't included. So here it is, love the way it turned out. Simple and fairly quick to do, and if you don't have enough brads, just punch holes and wind the string through those.

I found this on the internet when I googled string art - very useful animation in case you can't figure out what string to put where! Just put some brads at regular intervals, and string some metallic thread as shown in the animation. To get a card to look like the thank you card above, you would do this in all four corners.

Another thread art layout from the article. For step by step instructions on how to make the little flowers (which are very simple) and other string ideas, be sure to check out the magazine in case you have not already! By the way, these alphabet stamps are from Banana Frog. I was lucky enough to win a blog contest earlier this year and received these stamps. Those of you that know me also know that I am an alphabet stamp junkie. I totally love these ones - a great font and size in a very useful plastic storage case!
1 comment:
Cool work with the string!!! Great pages!
Post a Comment