Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Few Layouts


I was just thinking longingly of Vancouver Island this week.  We try to go for at least a few days every year to visit family and smell the ocean.  One of our last trips was in June, and the broom, that yellow invasive shrub detested by many islanders, was in full flower.  To a prairie girl, it looked beautiful, especially from the air.  I used Technique Tuesday alphabet stamps for the title, some machine sewing and a few buttons to make a quick layout.


A layout inspired by paper clips!  Fancy Pants paper, rub-ons and stickers, and the birdies are printed out from Stampin Up Design Studio software.  I'm not much of a digital scrapbooker, I like to get away from my computer during my non-work time, but I find the SU software lovely for printing out stamped images in various colours and sizes.  Then I just cut them out with scissors and stuck them on to my layout with a jewel for an eye.


Using some SEI boy themed stuff here.....  we love frogs at my house and are always looking for (and rarely catch) them.  Hard to tell, but the small circular picture is mounted in one of this big bottle caps that Maya Road used to sell (I smashed it with a hammer before I stuck the picture inside)

No comments: