For my third (and last) month as a guest designer for ScrapShotz, the kit was primarily comprised of products from Basic Grey's Little Black Dress line. Now I'll just go back to being a regular subscriber. When I opened the box, I was not excited. I don't know why, probably because I am usually drawn to happy, bright colours, and the kit papers were greys, blacks and browns....
Just goes to show you why it is good to step out of your comfort zone (why I truly love monthly kits) and create with something that you would have never purchased in the store yourself. I really love all the layouts I made with the kit and could not believe how versatile the papers really were. Have a look - I used vintage photos in a couple, but also used pictures of my cat Rusty and photos from this spring. The kit also featured Glubers, a really big glue dot from Cosmo Cricket. I ran out of Glubers pretty quickly, and just hand cut some circles from a sheet of Sookwang Tape I had in my stash to get more or less the same effect. On the top card, I just tied a knot in some American Crafts grosgrain ribbon, stuck it in the middle of the Gluber and wound and twisted around and around until I ran out of glue dot. Stick pins are Maya Road. Love them for adding a little extra to cards!


I was looking around for some different things to try with my Glubers and my eye caught a roll of tulle I picked up at a second hand store once. Perfect! Same technique as the ribbon, just tied a knot in one end, plunked it in the middle of the glue and started winding around it. To add a little colour, I dunked some tulle in a glass of water that I had added a few drops of a Distress Ink reinker (faded lipstick, I think). Worked great for adding some subtle pink to the tulle.
 |
| Close up of the Tulle Flowers |
 |
| my thrift store tulle - the whole roll cost somebody $9.95 once, but I think I bought it for 50 cents |
 |
| some of my my fantabulous friends at my surprise 50th birthday party |
 |
| I used a Spellbinders diamond Nestability die to cut the shapes. And don't you love the leopard or cheetah pattern with a cat picture? LOL The beautiful textured coppery paper is from Canvas Corp. |
 |
| I think this is my favourite layout from the bunch. The papers worked perfectly for some old photos of my uncle who passed away a few years ago. I also use Scrapbook Adhesives photo corners for these kinds of photos so they could potentially be removed and duplicated in future. Not sure if any other copies exist besides these. |
3 comments:
WOW I love all the projects you did with your kit. They are all stunning. I just bought some tulle to make flowers for my daughters wedding album. Love all the projects!
Love your layouts, Connie. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!
Connie, these all turned out awesome! Love the one of Rusty!
Post a Comment