Monday, December 12, 2011

Some Quick Christmas Cards

I am running on warp speed these days, but that is not unusual.   I have a tendency to take on too much and try to do too many things.  Christmas cards kind of fell through the cracks this year - I don't make or send a lot of them any more, but still like to put together at least a few handmade cards for special people.  This morning, while waiting for the UPS delivery guy (who did NOT show up as promised) I starting thinking about making a few quick christmas cards using old supplies in my christmas box.  Way in the bottom, I dug out some Gin-X stuff.  I really miss Gin-X products.  I suppose it's been years since they have been in business, but I still have part of a pizza box full of their paper and chipboard coasters.  Always such great colours and fun to work with.

Anyway, I had a couple of more or less intact sheets of Christmas chipboard coasters from Gin-X.  And I was in a hurry.  So, I put together a half dozen of 'five-minute' Christmas cards.  I like them.  I got to use up 'vintage' supplies, the cards look nice and they hardly took any time at all.  
So if you are a collector of christmas supplies like me, dig to the bottom of your box, fancy the products up with a little dry embossing or sewing and put together some quick cards.  It feels good.



I embossed a piece of cardstock with a Stampin Up poinsettia embossing folder, stitched around it, glued it onto the card and stuck on bits of Gin-X chipboard with dimensional foam adhesive by Scrapbook Adhesives.


 

These ones are pretty much the same, minus the ribbon but plus an Anna Griffin 3-d sticker I also found in the bottom of my box.  I think I have enough Gin-x chipboard for a couple more cards, and if I can't find any more stickers, I can stamp something christmassy or print out a vintage image from the internet and pop it up.

Done. Time to move onto something else. The men in my house have been asking about Christmas cookies. ;-)


2 comments:

Lynn said...

I just love your cards! Your projects inspire me to create. I love the articles you do in Canadian Scrapbooker, again full of inspiration. I'm a huge fan.

Rosie said...

Love these cards Connie! Sweet, simple and easy, thanks for the inspiration :)