Sunday, August 3, 2008

The August kit at Scraptivity


ooh, I just loved this one! The papers are Little Yellow Bicycle and 7 Gypsies, and the colours are so rich and warm! And the little bitty alphabet stamps are so useful, they might replace the wood mounted HeroArts ones I have used for years. I'm just itching to do more layouts when I can squeeze out some more free time...............
I had never attempted gilding before, and was pleasantly surprised to see how fast and easy it was! I will definitely be using this technique again. Basically, all you do is brush or paint a thin coat of Duo Adhesive onto something, wait until it gets clear (which is no time at all if you only put on a thin coat) and press gilding flakes into it. Voila! So I brushed it on pieces of cardstock and stamped with it and loved the look!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Connie! I found your blog :) Very cute page, you have a super cute little family!

Just Rhonda said...

GREAT pages this month Connie!!!!!