Thursday, August 21, 2008

Canadian Scrapbooker Basics


All I can say is wow.

I received a copy of this brand new magazine yesterday and it just knocks my socks off. Not only is it perfect for a beginning scrapbooker, it is full of inspiration for any scrapbooker at all! Detailed step by step instructions with great photography, tons of fabulous layouts that feature only the simplest of techniques - stickers, patterned paper, rub-ons, templates, square or circle punches........ And one of my favorite things is that the layouts are huge so you can really see the detail and read the journalling! Only one or two layouts per page.

Keep your eye on your local scrapbook or craft store. Cover price is also only $7.99! Wow!!!

Here's one of my layouts published in CSB that makes me smile every time I look at it. Our newt is just such a cool guy. I found out last week that he is actually about fourteen years old because we are the third family to take care of him! And newts aren't supposed to live this long! A couple of weeks ago, I put our betta Fin in Newt's tank as an experiment. I figured they ate the same type of food, and it would be one less tank to clean. Although I couldn't imagine how they might hurt each other, I kept a careful eye on them for a few days, ready for a betta rescue mission. But it's been fantastic! They like each other and almost seem to be friends, swimming around together. Definitely a good move!

2 comments:

kdgowdy said...

I went on line last night and ordered the set of 5...I'm very excited after seeing your copy, it looks like it will be a fabulous addition to my stash!

Crystal said...

Ah - just what I need - another magazine! I'll be on the lookout - and I love the swirls and eyelets on your LO.

Happy Going Back to School!