Thursday, April 2, 2009

So many books, so little time..........



hmmm, what to read first? I haven't actually read much fiction at all over the last few years. No time and a short attention span. :-) But I think joining a book club was a good idea, it's kind of got me going again. This time around, the book club is doing the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.



I quite liked it, especially the opportunity to visualize Afghanistan under the Taliban, so I got the author's second book out of the library. It currently sits unread.



I'm halfway through this one. Love it. A story about life in a Depression era circus. Might have to buy it because I am reading it so slow!


My friend Roni lent me this one. I'm almost scared to read it, sounds depressing as all get out. A woman's sudden descent into early onset Alzheimers......... written by a neuroscientist. Supposed to be a fantastic book, but I think I might need a box of Kleenex handy.



Today my friend Linda bought me this book that she said is a must read! So that's the stack on my night table. It's tough to decide what to reach for in the few minutes a day I have been reading. I've got a business trip coming up to the eastern U.S, so I should be able to finish at least one on the plane. Nothing like being trapped in a great metal tube for actually getting something accomplished. ;-)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Great book list, Connie! I haven't read the Alice one but the rest are all great reads. I liked 1000 Splendid Suns way more than his first book, mostly because it's about women. It's so, so surprising - you must read it soon :)) And The Red Tent is one of my all time faves.

MonaS! said...

that is a great book list. I LOVED the Red Tent - it was one of my favourite reads.