Hard to believe that time goes so quickly! I seem to be able to remember every detail of the day Marty arrived, especially how stinking cold it was. It was in that -20C range, not counting the wind chill. I checked out of the hospital about six hours after he was born (the hospital was very full and I wanted to get home to my own bed!) and heaped so many blankets and afghans on that new baby to protect him from the elements! This year is definitely an improvement over March 2002, with a balmy forecast of +13C.
We had a rockin' birthday party for Marty this past weekend. He wanted to go watersliding, so we organized a gathering for 15 of his closest friends (he's a very social fella) at the Ramada Waterpark in Edmonton (this is the old Riviera Hotel for those of you that go back a while). There are two big waterslides, a hot tub and a small swimming pool, as well as an area with tables and chairs for eating cake and pizza! Everybody had so much fun, they could hardly tear themselves away. We actually left before some of our guests, but I figured 3 1/2 hours of water sliding was enough. I went down the slides a few times, but my stamina is not that of an eight year old. And I needed a nap after the big event. ;-)




1 comment:
aw happy b-day!!!!!!
Post a Comment