I had two articles in this issue - one on using vintage images and one with some ideas about using kid's stuff in your projects. Here's a couple of my favourite layouts:
This layout features paper by gcd studios - I love the combination of colors and patterns that come in their paper pad collections. The outside black part of the page is actually just cardstock; I traced a piece of the gcd studios die cut paper onto black cardstock and just cut it out with scissors. The flowers are some of that Floam stuff that many of our kids have in their stash. I molded it to fit some Fancy Pants chipboard shapes and glued it on with Elmer's white glue. The moth is a Magenta rubber stamp stamped onto a piece of Crayola model magic clay and dried overnight.
This layout was a lot of fun to build! I took an old Spirograph set I picked up at the Salvation Army and my EK Success fine tipped markers and hand some fun. Half way through, my youngest son came to see what I was doing, so I introduced him to Spirograph. It held his interest for a little while before he went looking for something electronic to play with.



No comments:
Post a Comment