Hard to believe, but in a few weeks I will be haunting all my favourite greenhouses. For the first time in a dozen years, I did not start any bedding plants or tomato seedlings in my basement, so I will have to buy everything. My mom and I always make a trip to Beaumont early in May; J&C Gardens always has a huge selection and reasonable prices. Marty, my youngest, also loves greenhouse shopping. This is a bit unfortunate in that he has very expensive tastes and adds a lot of plants to the shopping cart. ;-)
I've bought a few herbs - catnip, basil and sage - from Salisbury Greenhouse in Sherwood Park. They smell amazing!!! I had to transplant these because they were such big plants, and the smell of catnip was so enticing that my cat Charlie charged right over to check it out.
Estate Gardens, the greenhouse across the road from my house, opens Mother's Day. Can't wait!!! The wonderful colours, the scents, the promise of young growing plants.......... can you tell I've got spring fever? I can almost feel that warm moist soil between my fingers!




2 comments:
http://www.engineeringworkshop.blogspot.com/
http://www.worlduniversity4u.blogspot.com/
http://www.hotspotcelebrity.blogspot.com/
http://www.domainfree4u.blogspot.com/
http://www.apnafunandfunonly.blogspot.com/
looks nice there..but it maybe nicer here..are you coming to visit?
Post a Comment