a small portion of the 'continental' breakfast
The Strawberry Scones, still warm and very filling!
my light breakfast, although I snuck back for another egg and some more fruit
the lunch plate - I can't remember exactly what all this was - I think a potato and chorizo empanada, a kind of corn chowder and a yummy salad with pumpkin seeds
the first appetizer at dinner - toasted goat cheese on a flat bread, with a balsamic glaze and a bit of fresh dill. A delicious mouthful. All of that is on a clay tile, in case you are wondering what the big square thing is.
the second appetizer - a tomato tart in puff pastry topped with a homemade tapenade
the third appetizer - I think chorizo sausage on a cucumber slice topped with a roasted red pepper sauce?
then we had a choice of two main courses - this is the homemade canneloni stuffed with asparagus and assorted cheeses, topped with sauteed swiss chard and served in a butternut squash sauce (I think)
but I went with the 'lighter' choice, the teriyaki pork stirfry. Mmmmmm.
Dessert was an apple tart served with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. And a wicked burnt sugar decoration thingie. All home made, of course.











5 comments:
OMG - I am starving:)
I can't believe that each year CJ manages to surpass herself. Thanks for sharing your pictures Connie. I forgot my camera at home on the charger, you are a godsend!
Wow! Wow! Wow! CJ is certainly a treasure to Bull River isn't she?
OK...my mouth is still watering! You got some great pictures!
WOW!!!
Post a Comment