When I have eaten these, CJ has made these with fresh strawberries and generously dusts them with white sugar, but some of the variations sound yummy too!
Bull River Guest Ranch Scones
2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped cold butter
2/3 cup milk or buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit of choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter. Toss fruit in dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients. Mixture will be very dry but do not add more liquid. Drop onto prepared baking sheet and dust with white sugar if desired. Bake at 350 until golden, about 15 minutes, depending on the size.
To make a savory version, omit all but 1 tbsp. of the sugar and add fresh or dried herbs, gtated cheese, green onion, ham.... whatever you like. I add garlic, of course, and a bit of salt and pepper. C.J.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing Connie. I am going to try these.
I have a very hard time remembering important things, (like did I put my teeth in this morning?) but I sure remember what those scones taste like. LOL
Great blog I enjoyed reading it
Post a Comment