Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fifty Years

My parents were married fifty years this month.  Five decades, half a century.   An amazing accomplishment!  I contacted my MLA's office about the anniversary and eventually received congratulatory certificates from the Governor General Michelle Jean, Prime Minister Stephen Harper and MLA Iris Evans to present to my mom and dad at a celebration dinner at a local restaurant.  They were just tickled.  

At the last minute, I decided that I should put together a mini-album for the event, so I scanned some 35mm slides from their wedding day and put together a small book.  It turned out beautifully.  I used a BoBunny 6x6 chipboard binder and K and Co special occasion papers, and it was the perfect opportunity for me to use all sorts of odds and ends and work with some border punches I had purchased but not yet used.   The flourish on the cover is from Technique Tuesday - I just covered it with versamark and a couple of coats of gold embossing powder.
I left several blank journalling areas to fill in the details of names and places.





I left the last page blank - we passed it around the restaurant, and those at the dinner signed their names and wrote in best wishes.  I plan on putting a photo of the 50th anniversary dinner on the very last page, and because this album is a binder format, it will be easy to add more 6x6 pages for more anniversary pictures and such.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! That's indeed a milestone worthy of celebration. Your little book is lovely - I'm sure there were many smiles when they saw it. Good luck capturing the memories that go with each photo.

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, what a fabulous album!! My parents are also celebrating their 50th this year, in July, & my sister & I are organizing a party for them. My sister is putting together a slide show & I've suggested to her that we use the photos from the slide show &/or the party to make one of those digital albums for them as a Christmas present.

All the best from that "other" Kohut scrapbooker! -- Lori (loribeth1961 from S!)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Connie! How amazine!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Jackie