Monday, June 28, 2010

Skunks, free to a good home



Sigh.  I almost tripped over four baby skunks the other night in my back yard.  They were about the size of an 8 week old kitten (if you didn't count the tail), and playing and wrestling and frolicking in the grass.  I guess no one told them they are supposed to be nocturnal.  I just about stepped on one again at 10:30 this morning!  I haven't seen Mom yet, but the kidlets are digging up my flower beds and eating food scraps I put in the compost bin.  It must be like a restaurant to them.  


My cats treat them with respect, and the skunks themselves don't seem to pay much attention to anybody.  So although it's not a good thing, I suppose I just have to watch my step around the garden unless I want to go to the laborious and stinky process of trapping and relocating every skunk.  :-(     They sure are cute, though.




2 comments:

kdgowdy said...

Connie! These are the cutest pics! Especially the second with the two looking at you! Great job!

mow180 said...

Pretty black and white kittens!