I'm kind of a scrapbook tool junkie. If you consider carefully and buy a good tool that you can use for many, many projects, I figure that's a good investment. Mentally divide the number of layouts you might use the tool for by the cost of the tool and decide if that's acceptable to you. If you buy an expensive electronic die cutting machine and use it a dozen times, not so good. But if you buy a $30 paper trimmer and use it for hundreds of layouts, well, that's money well spent.
I love the look of labels on scrapbook layouts. My friend Kim Gowdy recently went shopping at Staples and came out with a new labeller, the Brother P-touch Scrapbook Labeller. It's on sale for around $35 bucks this week, not too bad for an electronic labelling system, and includes a couple kinds of acid-free tape and the 6 AAA batteries it needs to work. It does 9 type styles in five different sizes, and you can buy different widths and colors of tape to put into it. And as you can see from the photo, it's PINK! ;-)
Kim used it on this layout - doesn't it look great? She used some gold on black label tape, and the labels are the perfect journalling touch on the layout, where the picture really does say it all. Makes me crave a nice hot cup. ;-) Anyway, if you need a new labeller, have a look for this scrapbooking model. I think it has lots of potential.

1 comment:
Great read tthankyou
Post a Comment