I think this is my favourite project. The paper is from the Bo Bunny Mamarazzi line. It's one of my all time faves. Just love the colours and designs, it seems to go with everything. I cut the tree with my Cricut, but it wouldn't be too hard to just hand sketch a simple tree trunk with a few branches. The grass at the base of the tree is some very cute chipboard by Magenta. I think I've used up my whole package now. It adds a nice finishing touch, especially when painted with some Clearsnap Smooch. The film strip in the upper right is by Tim Holtz, and I used google image search for pictures of some of my son's favourite books. I saved the images and printed them out as index prints to tuck under the film strip. I used a vellum spray adhesive to adhere one to the other...... it worked not bad, but I added a few staples just to make sure nothing fell apart. I printed the quote right on the paper using an Epson photo printer. I'm afraid I don't use my large format printer very often. I bought it a few years ago at a fantastic sale price, thinking I needed a 12x12 printer, but I only rarely print directly on a full-sized scrapbook page. And I really hate buying ink for this printer. It stops working completely when it 'thinks' it is out of any colour (it won't even print black if it is out of cyan or magenta or something) and each ink cartridge is $21 plus tax. Ouch. At six colours, I start to approach the cost of a new printer everytime I replace the ink.
The Riding the Blue Line features the lovely Katharina Doyle and Susan Weckesser. Makes me smile everytime I look at it. We went on an 'adventure' in Chicago this summer and took the subway downtown. I found a lovely map of the subway routes on the internet to remind me of the experience! This layout is pretty much all Basic Grey - patterned paper, stickers and fabric covered brads. And a 'souvenir' transit card from the trip. I scanned it before I glued it onto the layout, just in case I ever need another one for a future project.


No comments:
Post a Comment