This month's kit featured Simple Stories 25 days line. I loved working with it - typically I gravitate towards traditional bright Christmas colours, but the muted vintagey colors and designs in these papers were perfect for many of my photos.
I cut a christmas tree out of a piece of kit cardstock using my Cricut and decorated it with punched photos, gems and sparkly crochet cotton I had picked up at a thrift store. The presents under the tree are partially stickers from the kit and extra 'present's I made by cutting rectangles of patterned paper and gluing on twine and thread to decorate.
This 'layout' is a number of pieces put into a WeRMemory Keeper's page protector. The left hand side is a 6 x 12 layout (I do love doing these, they go so fast!) while the right hand side is a 4x6 photo and two 4x6 pieces of the Simple Stories patterned paper, decorated up with stickles and stickers.
Inspired by the November sketch by Jess Duerksen - everything from the kit, including a 4x6 transparency laid over the smaller photo. These transparencies add a lovely touch to a picture.
I also made place card holders from the kit. The patterned paper is just perfect for cutting 4x6 pieces for your dinner table. I added stickers and sprayed the paper liberally with Goosebumps texture spray (by Tsukineko) and let it dry. This added sturdiness, texture and glimmer to the place cards. You've seen my wine corks before - just cut a slice off the bottom with a utility knife, and cut a slit in the middle to hold the card.





No comments:
Post a Comment