Sunday, November 13, 2011

ScrapShotz monthly kits

I've been subscribing to these for well over a year now.  You can check them out here - ScrapShotz is based in Calgary.  I appreciate that they are Canadian and been around a long time.  There's nothing like getting a pizza box in the mail with a selection of gorgeous patterned papers, cardstock and coordinating embellishments.  They are perfect for trying something new because often the kits contain scrapbooking products that I would not have purchased at a store, but end up really enjoying.   And I love having everything together in a 12x12 ziplock bag - it makes inspiration quick and easy and so handy for taking to a crop or over to a friend's house. 

A couple of months ago, I was delighted to be asked to become a guest designer for a few months.  I do love the challenge and motivation that deadlines bring to me.   I get so much scrapbooking done in a short time!  Not sure where I find the time exactly, but somehow I always manage to get 'er done.

Here's my projects from the October Scrapshotz kit - it featured the gorgeous SEI Homestead line - perfect for fall photos.  I don't think I added anything besides a bit of machine stitching or a black pen, or a bit of raffia.  There was a full sized bottle of Tattered Angels glimmer mist in the kit, acrylic stamps and enough embellishments to give a variety of looks.


I used Tim Holtz chipboard alphas in the kit as a mask and sprayed glimmer mist all over the page.  I also scribbled a bit with an orange marker I found in the boys' desks.   The orange marker embellishment is a bit of clip art I downloaded from the internet.



No comments: