
Time DOES seem to go faster the older you get! At least in my opinion! :-)
Benny turned eight today - I have more pictures to post when I get a couple of extra minutes, but we had a fun little party on the weekend to celebrate. I have to say, the parties get a lot easier as the kids get older - they are better behaved, don't need constant supervision and I'm not so worried about them drowning in the pool.
It's funny (or maybe not) that even after eight years, I remember everything about going into labour with great detail. The last few hours are and were a blur, but the beginning remains crystal clear! And I remember my doula, Greta, with such great affection. I wonder sometimes what it would have been like without her. I'm sure the baby would have come out eventually, of course, but I can't imagine that day without Greta's support. It would have been a whole heck of a lot tougher without her. So wherever you are Greta, many thanks for that day eight years ago today.
Benny turned eight today - I have more pictures to post when I get a couple of extra minutes, but we had a fun little party on the weekend to celebrate. I have to say, the parties get a lot easier as the kids get older - they are better behaved, don't need constant supervision and I'm not so worried about them drowning in the pool.
It's funny (or maybe not) that even after eight years, I remember everything about going into labour with great detail. The last few hours are and were a blur, but the beginning remains crystal clear! And I remember my doula, Greta, with such great affection. I wonder sometimes what it would have been like without her. I'm sure the baby would have come out eventually, of course, but I can't imagine that day without Greta's support. It would have been a whole heck of a lot tougher without her. So wherever you are Greta, many thanks for that day eight years ago today.
No comments:
Post a Comment