Tuesday, July 15, 2008

this car shopping is interesting...............

I have done most of it myself so far - I figured I would do the preliminary screening, then take Ron along for test drives and negotiations once I narrowed down what I wanted.

Kia Sherwood Park - went with my dad, and had a salesman within minutes. Test drove a mini-van and a Sportage. Will return. I don't think I'm a SUV type of girl though.
Mitubishi - spent ten minutes wandering around the new car show room with Marty. Crawled through vehicles. Looked helpless. Not one single person even looked our way. So we just left.
Kia South Edmonton - had to ask for a salesman, and finally got one that didn't speak much English. Unable to answer questions coherently. Sigh. I wanted to take a van for a test drive, but it took him ten or more minutes to find the keys, and then when I finally got in, it had almost zero gas in it. Salesman suggested a drive through the parking lot. Um, no thanks. Left in a hurry. Sheesh.
Mazda Sherwood Park - had a salesman within minutes. Did a test drive of a Mazda 5. Loved it! A micro mini-van! Might be the best of both worlds - you can pack six people in three rows, but the gas mileage is good and it drives like a car. Especially fun with the five speed transmission. Will go back and take the negotiations to the next level.

Next on the list to check out: Toyota Rav4, Kia Rondo, Honda CR-V

Still deciding philosophically if I want economy and car handling over the spaciousness of a mini-van. Hmmmm...........

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love these daily postings - please keep it up - even from Chicago, please!!!

It's interesting to hear your car shopping experiences. They are about what I would imagine. Our daughter has a Honda Pilot (bigger than the CR-V) and they love it. They've gone camping twice this summer and packed tent, sleeping bags, car seat, bike stroller, food, coolers, water - you get the picture! I'm excited to see what you finally purchase!