Another gorgeous issue! I especially love the cover by Kathy Thompson Laffoley this month and all the apple themed layouts. They make my heart smile. :-)
I played with beads for the Frugal Scrapbooker column, and had so much fun with them (except perhaps for the vacuuming the strays off the floor part). Beads just seem to make your fingers reach out and touch them! I made beaded stickers for one layout in the article, and my kids just couldn't stop petting them! And because they are so easy and quick to do, I think I'll throw some beaded stickers on some cards here and there for for a special touch. I could see beaded stars or balloons pretty easily on a birthday card! So here's how:

Get a 2-sided adhesive sheet from the store. There are several brands available. They are very adhesive and will hold those beads like nobody's business. Cut a shape. Although you could easily use scissors, a cuttlebug machine works beautifully.
Peel off one side of the adhesive sheet. Forgive the dirty nails, I'm a gardener. 
Put some beads in a small container, drop in your shape, sticky side down and press firmly.

Voila. Done. And it'll look like you worked for ages. ;-) Or maybe not. But they're nice. When you are ready to attach the sticker to your layout, just pull off the other side of the adhesive sheet. And if you have time on your hands, you can thread some more beads on a bit of wire and use the strand to accent a journalling block or something.
2 comments:
What a great idea, Connie, and they look great. I chuckled when you said your kids were petting the beaded stickers! I'll have to look for those adhesive sheets; they sound like a great idea. Thanks for the tip.
Great article. I love that issue of Canadian Scrapbooker, too!
Hey - I have some of that adhesive in my stash! I could do this!! Thanks for the inspiration - your LO is great :))
And I want to see all those bulbs blooming in the spring too!
Post a Comment