Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thinking Ahead


Gardeners are eternal optimists. We are always looking ahead, planning for the next day, the next season, the next growing season. Everything is a learning experience, and if something doesn't work out, hey, there is always next year.

I spent the afternoon planting tulips and muscari bulbs. I didn't intend to plant so many, but like others before me, I was enticed at Costco to buy super-sized bags. Even after I pressed a small handful off on my mother, I was still left with over 150 bulbs to plant. Which I managed to do. The planting is quick. Finding space takes time. :-)

When the world is covered in a blanket of snow, I will dream of my pink and white tulips and my gorgeous little grape hyacinths. I hope they have a safe and cozy winter, and that those danged deer don't eat them just before they are ready to bloom.

No comments: