Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another birthday card

Can I just say, I love the Stampin Up 'In Colors" this year?   There's just something about how the Pear Pizzazz blends with the Peach Parfait and the Poppy Parade.........  now that's a whole lot of alliteration in one sentence, but the green does look really good with the peach and the red.  LOL

So anyway, this year I purchased a pile of the in color cardstock,  patterned paper and the ribbon, and when I need to make a card quickly, it is my 'go to' pile.  Everything matches with everything else, I don't spend an hour looking for just the right shade of ribbon or a particular sheet of patterned paper.  And with a border punch and the awesome stamps Repeat After Me by MyStampBox that I wrote about last week, I can make 'em fancy without much effort (and without digging out my sewing machine).  This is the birthday card I made yesterday, but I have made sympathy cards and get well cards using a similar design - the colors are suitable for just about anything.  I just print out whatever sentiment I need on a scrap of SU kraft cardstock (oh oops, it's called CrumbCake now), cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestability oval, touch up the edges with a bit of ink or gilding pen and call it a day.


Cardstock, patterned paper, ink, flower punch by Stampin Up, Fiskars border punch, SU and Prima ribbon,  mystamp Box stamps to add the zigzag stitching.

No comments: