Even the elevators were special!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
The Hotel Figueroa
When I was in Los Angeles in January for CHA, the Craft and Hobby Association trade show, the Canadian Scrapbooker team stayed at the Hotel Figueroa close to the LA Convention Center. Wow, what an interesting experience! I loved it! It was like no other hotel I have ever stayed at. It was built in 1925 as a YWCA residence, but has been renovated to a funky Moroccan oasis. Not much to look at from the outside, but stepping through the door into the lobby, you felt like you had arrived in Casablanca or Tangiers.... The lobby, the bar, the elevators, the rooms were totally unique and definitely not found in your neighborhood Holiday Inn. Here's a few photos - it was quite dim in the hotel, as one would expect for a shady retreat in Africa - so the photos are perhaps not the greatest, but you will get the idea. My room was small and convent like, but very clean and interesting and perfect for a single traveller. The suites were simply gorgeous. Stay here if you get a chance. Take ear plugs though, the hotel is right in the middle of Los Angeles, and my country girl ears had trouble getting used to the street noise outside my hotel room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Looks like a really cool hotel. Great photos!
Wow, that is so cool! I would love to see it.
Post a Comment